One of the most important appliances in any home is the refrigerator. Considering you can purchase some of the best refrigerator under ₹20000 in India, most people today purchase a fridge for their home.
Not only does it keep your food fresh and safe to eat, but it can also be a big contributor to your energy bill. That’s why it’s important to choose the right fridge for your home – one that will suit your needs and help you save money.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a refrigerator:
1. Size and capacity. The first thing you need to consider is how much space you have in your kitchen for a fridge, and what size and capacity you need. If you have a large family or entertain often, you’ll need a bigger fridge with more capacity. If you have a smaller kitchen or live alone, a smaller fridge will suffice.
2. Energy efficiency. Another important consideration is energy efficiency. Look for a fridge that has an Energy Star rating – this means it’s been certified by the EPA to be energy-efficient. Not only will this help you save money on your energy bill, but it’s also better for the environment.
3. Features. When you’re looking at different fridges, pay attention to the features each one offers. Some features, like a built-in water dispenser or ice maker, can be really convenient. Others, like a door alarm or a temperature-controlled drawer, can help you save energy.
4. Price. Of course, you’ll also want to consider price when you’re shopping for a fridge. But don’t let price be the only factor – make sure you also consider things like size, capacity, energy efficiency, and features.
5. Warranties and returns. Finally, be sure to read the fine print before you buy a fridge. Look for a model that comes with a good warranty, in case something goes wrong. And find out what the return policy is in case you need to exchange or return your fridge.
Following these tips will help you choose the right refrigerator for your home. And once you have your new fridge, be sure to read the owner’s manual so you know how to use it properly and keep it running efficiently.
How to Keep Your Fridge Working In Good Condition for a Long Time
If you want your fridge to keep running smoothly for a long time, there are a few things you can do to keep it in good condition. First, make sure to clean it regularly. Wipe down the inside of the fridge with a mild soap and water solution, and be sure to clean the door seals regularly as well. Secondly, keep an eye on the temperature inside your fridge. The ideal temperature for a fridge is between 35 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
If the temperature gets too low, it can cause food to spoil, so be sure to adjust the settings as needed. Lastly, make sure to keep an eye on the condenser coils. These are located on the back or bottom of your fridge, and they help to cool the air inside. If they become dusty or clogged, they won’t be able to do their job properly, so be sure to clean them off every so often. By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your fridge will stay in good condition for a long time.
How to Deep Clean Your Fridge in Detail?
It’s important to keep your fridge clean, not just for the sake of appearance but for food safety too. A deep clean every few months will help to keep things running smoothly and prevent buildup of mould and bacteria.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to deep cleaning your fridge:
1. Unplug the fridge and empty it out. This includes taking out all the shelves and drawers.
2. Wash all removable parts with hot, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
3. Clean the inside of the fridge with a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar. Wipe down with a clean cloth or sponge.
4. For tougher stains, you can use a baking soda paste. Apply it to the stain and let it sit for 15 minutes before wiping away.
5. Once everything is clean, put everything back in the fridge and plug it back in. Doing a deep clean like this every few months will help keep your fridge in top shape.
How to Store Food Correctly in Your Fridge and Freezer
When it comes to storing food, your fridge and freezer are key. Here are some tips on how to store food correctly in your fridge and freezer:
Make sure your fridge is set to the correct temperature. The ideal temperature for a fridge is between 0 degrees Celsius and 4 degrees Celsius.
Keep meat, fish and poultry in the fridge. These items should be stored on the bottom shelf of the fridge so that they don’t drip onto other food.
Store fruits and vegetables in the crisper drawer of your fridge. This will help them stay fresh for longer.
Put milk, cheese and other dairy products in the fridge. Dairy products should be stored on the top shelf of the fridge.
Store eggs in the egg holder inside your fridge. Eggs should not be stored on the door of the fridge as this can cause them to become damaged.
Make sure that all food is wrapped correctly before storing it in the fridge or freezer. This will help to prevent spoilage.
Label all food that you put in the freezer. This will help you to keep track of what you have and when it needs to be used by.
Only store food in the freezer that is still fresh. Frozen food that has been thawed and then refrozen can cause food poisoning.