Canon Pixma mg2522, inkjet printer, is a multi-functional printer as it is packed with scan and copy functions as well as printing functions. The printer is compatible with Windows and Mac OS. It is accompanied by a USB that has to be used to build the connection with Windows and macOS but directly connecting it to the device and the printer. Not only that, it is power-packed with various interesting features like Hybrid Ink System, My image garden, and Creative park premium. The Canon Pixma mg2522 printer is perfect for your home printing purposes as it is adequately easy to operate, and its multiple features are like a cherry on top. However, at times, users face problems with the printer, but they are fixable. You will find Canon Printer MG2522 troubleshooting and steps to Canon Pixma Mg2522 wireless setup in this blog.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 WON’T INSTALL – WHAT TO DO?
Problem with the installation of the Printer driver is a common problem – but not difficult to solve. This problem may occur because the connection between your computer and your printer is hindered. To fix this problem, you may need to try the entire process again until the connection is successfully secured. In such a case where the Canon Pixma printer won’t install, follow the steps given below.
SCENARIO 1: The installation CD is not detected on my computer
Solution: If the installation does not begin when the setup CD-ROM is already inserted in your computer’s disc drive, follow these steps:
- Search This PC in the search tab next to the windows icon in the taskbar – locate and open This PC
- Double click the CD-ROM icon; if the contents of CD-ROM are displayed, double-click MSETUP4.EXE.
- In another case, if CD-ROM is not displayed in the This PC window, remove the CD from the computer, restart your computer, and re-insert the CD when the computer starts again.
- If CD-ROM still fails to display on This PC window, try inserting other discs and see if those are working. If only CD-ROM is not detected on your computer, there is seemingly a problem with the CD itself.
SCENARIO 2: Cannot proceed beyond the Printer Connection screen
Solution: If you are unable to move beyond the third step, i.e., the printer connection setup, complete the Canon Printer mg2522 troubleshooting process given below:
- First, make sure that the USB cable is properly secured and correctly plugged into your printer and the computer.
- Second, connect the printer and the computer again by turning off the printer and unplugging the USB cable – and reconnecting it, then turning the printer back on.
- Lastly, reinstall the printer driver by clicking Cancel, then click Start Over when the Installation Failure screen appears, click on Exit on Pixma [your printer’s name] screen, then remove CD-ROM. Proceed by turning off the printer, restarting the computer, and making sure that no other application software is running. Finally, insert the CD-ROM again and install the printer driver ordinarily.
If your Canon Pixma mg2522 won’t install still, you can contact HP support by a live chat with a HP executive and get the issue fixed directly with their help.
HOW TO: CANON PIXMA MG2522 PRINTER WIRELESS SETUP
First things first, it is essential for you to know that the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer does not support wireless connection as this functionality has not been introduced in it particularly. However, it is designed to support the USB connection between the printer and the Wi-Fi. The steps mentioned below are for Canon Pixma Mg2522 printer wireless setup.
- Press the power button on your Canon Pixma Mg2522 printer to turn it on
- From the options displayed on the screen of the printer, choose the Wireless Connect option and further select LAN settings.
- In the LAN settings window, touch the Wireless LAN setup option and select Easy Wireless Connect to open a new window.
- In the next window, you will see the ‘settings are made on the device or smart phone, ok?’ option on the screen – tap Yes to confirm
- You should now see a list of devices, select the desired device (the one you want to connect with), and select Start Setup.
- In the next window, the printer will ask you to choose your preferences along with the method of connecting – choose accordingly to proceed.
- Select the router that you want to connect your printer with and enter the correct credentials
- Please note that the setup generally takes a few minutes – be patient and let the setup be complete.
- Once the Canon Pixma Mg2522 wireless setup is complete, check the functionality by taking a test print out of the printer.
The information on this blog explains Canon Pixma MG2522 printer troubleshooting issues, such as when problems arise during the printer driver’s installation. The steps above explain how such problems can be solved, and you can use your printer easily and efficiently. It is indeed unchallenging to resolve such a problem as long you are guided through it. This blog also explains how to perform a complete Canon Pixma Mg2522 printer wireless setup. The instructions above should enable you to build a secure and successfully wireless connection. You can find more valuable information that our experts have put together in our other blogs. Feel free to obtain information about all series of Canon printers.